- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- B.S., Chemistry, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- M. Matthews Hall, Ph.D. represents clients in a variety of intellectual property areas, including patentability studies, patent prosecution, patent invalidity and non-infringement studies, patent licensing and litigation, and trademark prosecution.
- Has drafted and prosecuted patent applications in diverse technical fields, including electronic materials processing, semiconductor device fabrication, battery recycling and remanufacturing, fuel cell chemistry and design, emissions control systems, polymer chemistry, engineered wood products, digital and analog circuits, image data compression and processing systems, network and Internet-related technologies, and optics.
- Prior to attending law school, performed research on synthesis of thin films and bulk quantities of novel oxides for use as low dielectric constant materials in superconducting integrated circuit applications.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Oregon
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Member of the American Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Multnomah Bar Association, and the Oregon Patent Law Association