Beckie Tempel, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Molecular Microbiology & Immunology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow
John A. Resko Ph.D. Dissertation Award
- B.S., Microbiology/Molecular Biology, with honors, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
- Beckie Tempel, Ph.D. provides patent-related technical consultation over a wide range of scientific and engineering fields.
- Research experience includes work towards a vaccine against the select agent Francisella tularensis (US Patent 7,972,607 – Attenuated Francisella and Methods of Use) in the Department of Molecular Microbiology & Immunology at Oregon Health & Science University, as well as work related to the humanized mouse model for an HCMV-HIV vaccine at the Vaccine & Gene Therapy Institute, also at Oregon Health & Science University.
- Previously employed as a Microbiologist with the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
- Published peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals and presented at national and international conferences.