- B.S., Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- Minors in Chemistry and Music
- Graduated with Distinction from University Honors College
- Steven Berge provides technical consultation across a wide range of scientific and engineering fields.
- Research experience includes study of D. melanogaster genetics, the effects of nutrition on chronic inflammation in humans, and the similarities between neurophysiological effects caused by prescription antidepressants and illicit recreational substances.
- Semiprofessional trombonist in the Portland area.
- Numerous musical performances in the United States and several European countries.